If you have missed your periods, and want to check quickly if you are pregnant or not, the home pregnancy test is the best suited option for you rather than going to the doctor at the first place. Unlike the olden times, the pregnancy test kits found these days, are far more accurate and sophisticated.
These pregnancy test kits detect the presence of a specific hormone, found in pregnant women known as Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. This particular hormone is present in the urine of a pregnant woman, and these pregnancy test kits are used to detect its presence, and conclude the result within a minute or two.
Read:[Symptoms of Pregnancy]
Steps for performing the home pregnancy test
These days, there are a number of pregnancy test kits available at the drugstores easily. The most frequently and widely accepted are the Pregnancy colour strips. These pregnancy tests should be performed as early as the day after a period is missed. Though, if the test is performed after a week’s time, it is considered to be the best.
Read:[First Week Of Pregnancy]
The following steps are to be undertaken while performing the home pregnancy test.
- The pregnancy test kits are kept refrigerated, so it is advised you must keep the strips in open air before being used.
- Although all the pregnancy test kits available follow the same procedure, yet it is advised that you must read all the instructions properly before performing the test.
- Collect urine in a plastic box. Do make sure that there is no residue left in the box before you collect your urine in it.
- Put a drop or two on the pregnancy test strip with the help of the dropper provided with the kit.
- Wait for a few minutes, and then check the result.
- The presence of a single purple band on the strip indicates that your test results are negative.
- However, the appearance of two bands on the strip will indicate that your test results are positive. Further, it is advised that you must consult your doctor, for any future tests or medication.
- In some cases, if there is no band visible on the strip then the test is considered to be invalid, and should be repeated after the next 72 hours.